Friday, August 15, 2008

seems like the appropriate time to start a blog

So in less than 2 weeks I'll be leaving the country. Traveling alone for the first time. Leaving the city for more than a week for the first time in like 5 years.

After 5 years living in Queens and Brooklyn, going to school and working retail and assistant jobs, I decided it was time to really WORK. Get my hands dirty. See some real outcome from hours of hard work, not just numbers or a shortened checklist.
So I found a few organic farms that needed workers on the Southwestern coast of Norway, had a yard-sale to get rid of alot of the crap I'd accumulated over the years, and in the next week I'll be packing my life into a big backpack and flying from the nest.

This seems like a good time to start a blog.

I'll be posting photos of sheep and fjords and updating you on all the exciting new things I'm learning. I'm sure some days I'll just be shoveling manure or looking for rotten potatoes in the root cellar. But I know you're dying to see photos of Norwegian root cellars.
You won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi honey! first thing's first: i am thoroughly impressed with your celeb sighting. i hope you got a look at the grill!

your photographs are beautiful! noah and i just scrolled through all of them. it's fun to get a sense of what you're looking at over there! i am inspired to create my own norwegian sandwich--i'm drooling all over myself reading your description. also noah thinks you should make an advertisement out of that sandwich pic. i say get in touch with the local sandwich board asap and market your work!

i suppose you and andes are shacked up with the sheep right about now...hope that's going well! can't wait to read about more of your adventures!
xoxox

Unknown said...

p.s. it's me
love hillary