Sunday, August 31, 2008

Am I dreaming?

Oh my god I just got to my first farm and it´s more beautiful than I ever could have imagined!! It was nearly dark by the time I got here, and then they fed me a delicious dinner and we chatted for a while and I cozied up what will be my bedroom for the next month. So I won´t get a chance to take any photos of the outside until tomorrow, but

here is my cozy bedroom:

It´s bigger than my last Brooklyn bedroom! Sorry, it´s messy.. I just moved in!

And tomorrow myself and Anders (the farm owner) will be heading over to a little island where their sheep were living all summer, and making sure they are all ready to be taken back by a different boat on tuesday morning. We´re staying overnight in a tiny little cabin there too!

They have sheep and horses and two big dogs, and I´m just a little too exhausted right now to even go on further, but let´s just say I feel very much at home already, and it´s just so good to be settled and comfortable and surrounded by such amazing beauty. This landscape is seriously unbelievable!!
Oh and the wife got salmonella poisoning because she ate undercooked duck while attending an organic farming conference in Lithuania!
Ok, goodnight.

No comments: